- What do cheeses have to do with yarn? We explain the weird terms for yarn packaging.
Types of Yarn Package Tube A tube of yarn is one of the most common yarn package types. The tubes are predominantly made from plastic or cardboard. Tubes of yarn do not have flanges, meaning they don’t have sides which ensure that the yarn doesn’t […]
- FAQ: Polyester or Nylon Yarn. Recyclability, strength, and more.
Polyester or nylon yarn: which should you choose? The best yarn for your application will be determined by a wide range of factors; the following FAQ should answer any questions you may have. Can I recycle polyester and nylon yarns? Both polyester […]
- Yarn Twisting: All you need to know about Twisted Yarn, Plied Yarn, and Cabled Yarn
Yarn twisting is a process that can significantly affect the properties of the final twisted yarn. Yarn twisting can involve twisting a single yarn or twisting multiple yarns together in a process called plying. It can also be taken a step further […]
- Yarn Dyeing: All You Need To Know About The Bright World Of Dyed Yarns
Dope Dyed Yarn Dope-dyeing, also known as solution dyeing, is a method of dyeing synthetic yarns that involves adding dye to the polymer that a filament will be extruded from. Dope dyeing has major process, quality, and environmental benefits over […]
- Monofilament Yarns, Multifilament Yarns, and Spun Yarns: All you need to know
A yarn is a yarn is a yarn, right? Well, no. The properties of a yarn are not only dependent on the base material of a yarn, or its yarn count. The properties of a yarn are also determined by the production process used to turn the base polymer or […]